- 230gms butter
- 1Tbs golden syrup
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees c
- Mix the flour, oats and coconut in a bowl
- Melt the butter in a small pot and then add the syrup and sugar and heat
- When the butter is bubbling add the bicarb and stir through and remove from the heat
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir together by hand
- Press the crunchie mixture into a greased or lined baking tray
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 C, then turn the oven down to 160 C and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden brown
- Allow to cool in the pan before slicing.
- If desired, add melted chocolate to the top of the crunchies after they have cooled down and before slicing – really delicious!
Click on the link below to see my Youtube tutorial on these yummy treats!